For many companies, job-boards are a key ingredient in finding candidates to hire. It’s a low-cost option and often part of the standard hiring process when adding new positions.
Indeed.com is the #1 job site in the world with over 200 million unique visitors every month. Indeed gives employers free access to search for jobs, post resumes, and research companies.
Linking existing jobs on Indeed with your recruiting system
Out of the box, Indeed offers the option of receiving emails via Email or in-person.
For companies using an ATS, there is however also the option of using an Apply URL. This functionality is however hidden, and not made accessible to business users, unless they directly contact Indeed Support Desk or reach out to your dedicated contact.
Our research indicates that the only way to turn this option on is to directly contact Indeed via phone, 1–800–310–8189 and ask a representative to open up for the availability of having candidates apply through a custom url.
- Once enabled, click Employers in the top left corner
2. Click the Jobs tab
3. Edit each job you have already posted
4. Select edit under “Application Settings” close to the bottom
5. Select “Apply from URL” and Insert your job URL link so that job seekers will be sent automatically to your job-site to apply for this job.
6. Start Tracking where candidates are coming from — and more importantly, where candidates who you hire are coming from.
More details about Apply URL (source)
Apply URL is an Indeed feature that allows you to post jobs directly on Indeed and have job seekers apply through an apply process hosted on your website. This is a great option if you want to post jobs directly on Indeed, but need to manage applicants through a pre-existing application specific to your company
Benefits of using Apply URL:
- Employers can take advantage of Indeed’s job posting platform, while still having applicants tracked through internal systems.
- Employers have access to impression and click performance metrics available in the performance report
- Apply URL gives employers the ability to post one job with multiple locations using one budget.
To post a job with Apply URL if you have already have an Indeed account:
- Visit employers.indeed.com and sign into your account
- Click “Post a job” in the upper right-hand corner of the page
- Select “Apply with URL” under the “Application Settings” section
- Insert the application form link under the “Where should job seekers be sent to apply for this job?” field
- Continue following the prompts to post your job